TWIST IN THE SEATED MEDITATION POSTURE
• Place left hand on right knee, and stretch your right arm to the back.
• Inhale and turn to the right while doing so.
• Press your right shoulder as far as possible to the back and look over your shoulder.
• Remain in the twist for 15 breaths.
• Exhale and return to the middle while doing so.
• Raise your arms upward, stretch vigorously, and twist to the other side. The upward twist at the conclusion is very important.
• Change your leg position, twist to both sides again, then stretch upward through the middle a number 0f times.
This massages the ganglia and organs; it strengthens the nervous system, liver, spleen, pancreas, and gallbladder; it stimulates the metabolism in the vertebra, and it stretches and squeezes the ligaments and muscles along the spinal column.